Published on August 22, 2019 by IBMT
Israel is a treasure trove of art, history, and culture that span millenniums. Recorded events date back to hundreds of years before Christ, and the land has been one of conquest. Many of the major religions see their faith developed here and for Christians, a Holy Land tour for Christians is a re-affirmation of their faith in God. A Holy Land Tour from Canada can be booked with IBMT Tours, you go-to travel consultancy for travel in the country. Our selection of itineraries is beyond parallel when you book your Holy Land tour for Christians with our company. We have access to the best hotels, heritage and tourist sites, and some of the best in Jewish cuisine in the land waiting for you. Your Holy Land tour from Canada or your Holy Land tour from the United States will take you to two very important locations for Christians, Tiberias, and Capernaum.
Christian sites in Tiberias and Capernaum
- Mt. Tabor - where the commemoration of the transfiguration that took place according to the Christian Bible. At this site, Jesus became radiant when spoke to Moses and Elijah on the mountain top.
- At Cana - Jesus performed one of his many miracles. At a wedding celebration, the host ran out of wine and Jesus converted the water to wine for the guests. At the Church of St. George you can see six stone jars that were said to have been used by Jesus for the miracle.
- Baptized - As a Christian, you are baptized and welcomed as a member of the Church. When you visit Yardenit, you can be re-baptized at the site of thousands of baptisms, and it is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- Another miracle that Jesus performed was feeding 5000 people at Tabgha. He delivered a sermon to the assembled throng and they became hungry. Jesus took five loaves and two fish and created a banquet for the masses. The Church of the Multiplication of Loaves and Fishes was erected to commemorate this event.
- The Mt. of the Beatitudes - The Mt. of the Beatitudes is another place for Christians to visit. Jesus delivered an important sermon here to his disciples about the beatitudes that have resonated with Christians ever since.
When you take the trip Capernaum, you can expect that the 'Town of Jesus' to hold many different activities to participate in. Jesus was born on Bethlehem, raised in Nazareth and found his voice in Capernaum as the spiritual leader of Christianity.
Things to do in Capernaum
- Capernaum holds many mysteries for Christians to unravel, and one of the first is Jesus’ ministry in Capernaum. It was here that Jesus too the word of God, and spread it to his follows. And the ministry he was devoted to found its genesis in the Ancient Temple were he first delivered his message of love. The original synagogue was destroyed and restored in 200AD. It is a frequent stop for Christians to see where Jesus started the ministry that they hold dear in hearts.
- The Church and House of St. Peter is another place that holds religious prominence for Christians. St. Peter was the first Pope of the Catholic Church, and the early home and church are heritage sites for many Christians. In the area, you can walk in the footsteps of Christ to the various religious sites that dot the area and feel the spirituality that is in abundance here.
For Christians, a pilgrimage to the Holy Land and specifically the area of Tiberias and Capernaum are rites of passage for religious tourist. The history of the area reads like a history class that has been taught in schools and churches for hundreds of years. You can see it, up close, and personal. It is always a moving experience for any Christian.
At IBMT Tours, we specialize in catering to religious tourists who seek to reinvigorate their faith in real-time with a trip to the Holy Land. Our travel consultants will take painstaking care of your itinerary to deliver the results you expect when booking with our travel agency.
In our long tenure in our business – over 10-years and counting – we have made memories for travelers who have developed a deep affection for the Holy Land. Our expertise defines us at IBMT Tours, and our experience is what keeps our international travelers satisfied with the best vacations they could ever take.
To book Christian tours of the Holy Land from Canada or the United States, make arrangements to discuss your travel plans with us at IBMT Tours. The vacation of your dreams is waiting for you, so to start packing. Call us today at IBMT Tours to get the details nailed down at 1.877.977.4268.